Tuesday, February 28, 2012

movie poster reflection

I went through a few movie choices and ideas of how to rep them before I settled on this one. I was gonna do DEBS originally cause its one of my favs and I did  few rough drafts in photoshop for layouts but it wasnt working out so I switched to Spirited Away but the same thing again and I'm glad because I see that 2 other classmates chose that movie and I dont want to do the same thing as someone else. (great job on those posters though!!!) So finally I chose The Hunger Games because its not out yet and there is a bunch of Hype about it and I'm a total fan and there arent many posters out yet so there was more to work with.

I chose the typeface for the title because I felt that it fit the feel of the book. I had several different compositions in mind, none of which were the one I did of course.

I wanted to include Katniss in front of a sea of people giving her the salute. I even used the kids at work to pose for me to a picture to work from. But it wasnt looking like i wanted.

I decided to do the district seals with the title at the bottom and Katniss off center which is why I put the seals on the paper the way I did, off center. This proved to be a grandiose task though and I didnt get through with the seals, let alone Katniss. So I really liked the way the bottom third looked so I cut it out and flipped the orientation and added the sponsor parachutes in the back. I do want to finish the seals of the original design though and then post that version as well, though I dont think Katniss will make the cut because that will take too much time and work.

I am kinda proud though that I seem to have the only horizontally oriented poster in class, though the deign I want is vertical.

I posted it on facebook for feedback and I got a few suggestions that I might implement soon.
Overall, I'm satisfied with it, but I still feel it needs more.

No comments:

Post a Comment